Do me a favor… Take a look in your desk drawers, backpacks, those vendor bags that you get at networking events, and see how many extra USB drives you have. Believe it or not, they can still be used for something…
Here are 10 uses for those pesky things.
- Install Portable Apps – Take your apps with you anywhere you go. From word processing, anti-virus, and a password vault.
- Boot Disks – Create a boot disk for you current setup.
- VMs (virtual machines) – Create VMs using Parallels, VM Ware, or VirtualBox.
- Give them away with pictures, music, etc. when friends and family ask for files.
- Portable Encrypted File Storage – Everyone loves Dropbox and Google Drive but you don’t always have an internet connection.
- Store important documents while traveling. You might get into a pinch while traveling and need a copy of your passport, medical card, etc. Always have a paper copy too.
- Keep one on your keychain. You never know when you’ll need one.
What do you do with your extra USB drives?