Some ways to focus on minimalism in your business are:
- Use one phone. Utilize your cell phone as your office phone and personal phone. Google Voice or Skype numbers can help.
- Use a laptop as your main workstation/computer. You can take it with you and your settings are ways the same. Peripherals may give you enhanced productivity. After all, you can plug in an external monitor(s) or mouse for added functionality.
- Use applications that have multiple uses. Evernote can be used to take notes, capture receipts, draft blog posts even (like this one).
- You don’t need to print everything. Share/store electronic documents in Dropbox or Google Drive to view or share with others from anywhere.
- If you don’t do a lot of word processing, presentations, or spreadsheets then Open Office, Libre Office, or Google Docs might offer the same functionality as Microsoft Office but for free.
- Use reusable containers. Get a coffee mug that you can wash. Use a lunch bag or real silver wear. Reduce waste. I suppose you could eat out everyday too.
- Get rid of the stuff on your desk that you don’t use everyday. If you want to ease into this one, you could remove all of the items that you haven’t opened or used in over a month.
Sometimes having less is more. Click the image above get your own motivational computer wallpaper.