Backing up your website is just as important as backing up your computer! Every time an update is made to your website, whether it’s updating content or changing some code, there is that minute chance that something can become corrupt, deleted, or completely wiped out.
Having scheduled backups of your site just might save you in the event that something horrible does happen. Just like backing up your computer, you should follow the 3-2-1 backup rule:
- 3 copies of anything you care about – Two isn’t enough if it’s important
- 2 different formats – Example: Dropbox+DVDs or Hard Drive+Memory Stick or CD+Crash Plan, or more
- 1 off-site backup – If the house burns down, how will you get your memories back?
Services – Here’s what we can help with…
- Local Backups – We’ll show you how to keep a backup of your site on your personal computer. Or, we can do that for you – for a small fee of course.
- Offsite/Local Backups – Dropbox is a great resource for keeping a backup in the cloud and locally.
- Offsite – Amazon S3 is one of our favorite cloud locations to backup too. There are other options too!